Bob Shuman

Default I bought a Neptune Washer

Thanks for the info. We are in the market now and looking to replace our
13.5 year old Kenmore (made by Whirlpool) Series 90 (Now roughly equal to
Elite model). We looked at the Maytag Neptune, but the wife said the front
plastic controls felt "cheap". Since the washer knob had broken twice from
wear on the Kenmore, she refused to consider the Neptune. She said the
quality looked inferior.

We are leaning toward another Kenmore or Whirlpool. I looked at the
Calypso, but was concerned that it employed the "electronic" controls
instead of the simpler electro-mechanical system. I figured a laundry room
is a fairly harsh environment and also am afraid of voltage
spikes/transients knocking out the microprocessor and PSU boards.

Bob

"west" wrote in message
om...
I bought a Neptune Washer Jan 01 in Ft. Collins CO at an authorized
Maytag Dealer (the only product they sell). I was willing to pay over
$1200 (for just a washer) in order to have a machine that would be
worry free from maintenance issues for at least seven years (after
buying the extended service warranty that is) and was more than
guaranteed by the salesperson this washer would WASH those ever large
comforters (the only reason I would even consider a washer ever being
worth this type of money).

Well it does not wash comforters any better than the $300 model and it
tends to tear holes in the fabric as well. As the salesperson stated
"if you can get it in the machine and shut the door, it will clean
it", I think they should have said, it will shred it. smile

If you want service, go to Sears. If you want a hassle, go to Maytag.

Washerlessincolorado