Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default scrap car batteries - how much do scrappies pay?

On Monday, 22 February 2016 07:52:54 UTC, Andy Burns wrote:
tabbypurr wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:

Since the question has been raised from the dead, and I have a dozen UPS
and stairlift batteries cluttering a corner of the garage, does anyone
know a recent price (not by the tonne)?

Google scrap metal prices. Was quoted 30p/kg the other day, but that might not be typical.

But that doesn't tell me the "fudge factor" from the price of lead/kg to
the price for a battery/kg.

No. It's not very relevant when you have batteries, but the battery price is.

If it's that low they can skulk in the
garage a bit longer ...

equates to a fiver for a big car battery. Not a lot.

NT