Posted to alt.home.repair
Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney is offline

Default Cold stair lift motor

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message ...
On Saturday, February 20, 2016 at 9:52:34 PM UTC-5, David L. Martel wrote:
Derby,

You were the one who brought up the location and the fact that there's an
888 number.

No, the OP brought up the belief that the company has moved "offshore",
whatever that means. Maybe it's Hawaii.

All I did was point out that the location of the corporate office and the
fact that it's a
US based phone number doesn't tell us anything about where their Customer
Service
Is located.

Let's recap..

You: "Have you called Customer Service?"
Snuffy: "Not since they moved off-shore."
You: "Not since moved off-shore? Orlando, FL is where they claim to be."

I don't care where the call center is. All I was doing was pointing out
that your response
about Orlando and an 888 number doesn't mean anything as far as its actual
location.

Actual location of what? The guy's got an elevator chair that doesn't
work. He has hypothesized that the cause is the cold. He needs someone to
make a service call, diagnose, and fix the chair. He will not get that here.
He needs to call Customer Service, regardless of where it is. They will
hook him up with a local repair guy.
I know this is a DYI site but the suggestions are uniformly whacko.
Before he "fixes" the thing he needs to diagnose the problem

Dave M.

It obvious that you have no clue what I am trying to say and it's not worth trying to
explain it again.

Moving on...

Oh you boys. LOL!