Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
G. Ross G. Ross is offline

Default Tight Lid

Puckdropper wrote:
What can I do to assure a tight fitting lid on a turned box after sanding?
I made a simple box out of Apple wood, and had the fit perfect... then
sanded it and the lid was too loose. A little shellac fixed the problem,
but I was planning on sanding to 1000 and letting the wood shine without
finish.

In the future, what can I do to ensure that the lid fits tight after
sanding? I want a fit where the lid sits nicely and doesn't rattle, but
doesn't take a hammer to install either.

This was a small box, about 1.5"x1".

Thanks,

Puckdropper

Make it oversize and sand to fit.

--
GW Ross

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder...