Posted to alt.home.repair

Default (dry) "Fitted stone" facades

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 14:47:54 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

On 2/20/2016 11:14 AM, wrote:
They can hassle you (as anyone can) about violations of city
ordinances (they *love* to **** and moan about "weeds"). But,
you *should* be in compliance with those, regardless.

The county won't step in here until the weeds/grass or whatever is
over 18" over a certain percentage of the lot but if the lot is
vacant, foreclosed or whatever the HOA would mow it before it ever got
that bad. The people who live here are pretty good about mowing before
it really gets bad.

Few folks have "grass" as grass needs to be watered.
The city will promptly notify you if a complaint is brought
to their attention (though they don't go out checking neighborhoods
LOOKING for violations). After 10 days, you can be fined
(no idea as to the amount).

We can have grass about 8-9 months a year on rain and if you want to
be responsible you grow something that will come back after it turns
brown for a while, bahia aka median strip grass

From a cursory examination of this particular product, I can't discern
any "regular pattern" -- regardless of how large a section I choose to
examine. I will have to stop by when there are workmen on the jobsite
and see if any can fill me in on how it went up (reasonably quickly;
but, I wasn't noticing it WHILE it was going up) and what it's called.

The "regular" part is the height of the stones, usually 3 sizes that
are multiples of the smallest one. It allows you to mix them up and
make it look random.

Then how do you accommodate a "large and fat" stone in the middle of
the pattern?

we are not using many diamond cut rocks. This is a mix to try to look
like loose stone masonry. Way more than half are just split and we
tried to mix it up

Time to pick another 30# to juice tomorrow...

We had 40 fruit trees here of various varieties, they are all gone
now. I don't miss them

I wouldn't miss these! (though I *do* miss the blood orange; it's
juice was heavenly!)

But, SWMBO likes her oranges and her OJ. (truth be told, I much prefer
our *sweet* lemon juice in my tea than the store bought *sour* stuff!).
We didn't hesitate to get rid of the peach or the pecan. And, when
the Valencia gets whacked (cold spell), I'll be happy to pull it out
(and plant a blood orange in its place).

Unfortunately, big crop this year -- I've even started juicing the *navels*
(disgustingly sweet) -- and the freezer is already pretty full with other
items. In the past, the navels came due earlier than the Valencias...
which came due earlier than the blood oranges. But, winters have been
getting less severe and the trees want to get started on the *next* crop
sooner (the oranges are just starting to blossom; lemon has been
setting out blossoms all winter; lime already has small *fruit*!)

There is a guy up the street who sells them cheaper than maintaining
the trees