Capitol

Default [OT] Car insurance craziness

Hi, as about the only reasoning response, I thought you might like to hear
some reasons.
The current standard of newsreader is Microsoft OE. This is a top
posting protocol. Bottom posted replies are a pain in the butt for quick
reading of the letters in a theme. Many responses are in fact mid posted
where the topic is more complex. If you want to see the problems of mid and
bottom posting in a crap news reader, simply look up a complex thread in
Google and try to follow it. It is much easier to follow in top posted OE.

I have seen a number of responses to various other posters in this
newsgroup from a particular pedant who endeavours to promote yesterdays
newsgroups standards as the Bible for tomorrow. When he attacked my style of
posting I responded and will continue always to do so. IMO There is no style
of posting which is best. If the news reader cannot cope with OE style
correspondence, then I regret to say, that it is a minority taste. Whether
the content is worth reading is another matter. However, I was very
impressed with the generally low literary and intellectual quality of the
response I received. The education system is certainly failing.
If the DIY skills are down to this level, then IMM is right!
I shall continue to post in my current style, particularly if it upsets the
usenet pedants who are still Canute like, refusing to accept that the
present standard is Microsoft and top posting.
Congratulations on being the only respondent with a sense of reason and
proportion.
Regards
Capitol

Martin Angove wrote in message ...
In message ,
"Capitol" wrote:

Huge wrote in message ...
"Capitol" writes:

[40 lines snipped]

please?
Do you think you could give consideration to not top-posting,

You missed the point, that, for all government employees, the

pensions
"Capitol" writes:
Huge wrote in message ...

Capitol
Regards
NO!!!!

Not a problem. Unless you wanted me to see your postings, that is.

No, I think, I'd rather you retained your vital delusions of self
importance in telling other people what do! So don't bother to open

your
mind to a different viewpoint.
Regards
Capitol

Sorry, Huge has a point on this one:

1: Consistency (bottom, OR top) aids readability. Everyone doing
different makes it very difficult to follow a thread.

2: Bottom posting is the accepted way of doing things in practically
every newsgroup since the year dot. (Ok, "post" posting is more like
it; the principle of replying *after* the bit you are replying to is
what counts)

3: Almost everyone on this ng bottom posts, and many will correct
previous top postings, so the occasional top poster *really* mucks
things up.

4: A short 1 or 2 line top post is often missed (unless I'm unusual)
when there's a large posting history, as I see the history and
automatically page to the first non-indented bit of text (my reader
colours the indents differently, first indent gets green, second red.
Non quoted text is black and thus instantly recognisable).

Having said all that, he did rather bombard you with it, so perhaps he
could have been a bit more gentle.

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove (it's Cornish for "Smith") - ARM/Digital SA110 RPC
See the Aber Valley -- http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/abervalley.html