Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Cold stair lift motor

On 2/18/2016 2:44 PM, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:
Simliar to this one:
http://www.acornstairlifts.com/stair...ht-stair-lifts

This shows replacing the batteries. You can see the gears when he opens the side panel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEDq3qpPbZ0

Sheesh! Get nauseous watching the world spin through his viewfinder!
That;s the problem with "amateur" videos... they concentrate on MAKING
them instead of VIEWING them!

Given how close together things are (batteries and circuit board
abutting drive motor), you might want to consider how hot your
heater will get and where that heat is likely to radiate.

Of course, I suspect the motor gets warm during use so imagine the
batteries and circuit board EXPECT that, nearby.

Unfortunately, no shots of the backside of the switch so hard to
tell what sort of connections it has available. I imagine three
positions: ON OFF ON (UP, STOP, DOWN)

And, I'm sure any "technical literature" (service manual) doesn't reveal
much in the way of detail. (doesn't even tell you how large the
"charger" is!)