Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_10_] Muggles[_10_] is offline

Default (dry) "Fitted stone" facades

On 2/18/2016 12:10 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 2/18/2016 11:55 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 18 Feb 2016 10:48:23 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

As I said, the whole thing is on wheels so I can roll it out into the
room to rewire. With all of that stone the center segment weighs about
500-600 pounds but I have six "office machine" caster sets on it so it
rolls pretty easy. The book case on the left rolls too. The one on
the right is fixed, since there wasn't really anywhere for it to roll
anyway. It also has drawers instead of sliding panels (again nowhere
to slide) and if it wasn't fastened to the wall the weight of the
stone faced drawers would pull it over, even if they were empty.
When everything is closed up, the stone fits tight enough that most
people don't even realize it will open up.

That's a big and heavy unit! I didn't realize it was portable until you
mentioned it here. I missed that in your previous posts.

The entertainment center we had before was fixed and wiring was a real
nightmare. Being able to roll it out and get to the back makes it a
lot easier to connect things and maintaining good wire management is
easy. I have lots of those velcro straps in the back so I can tie
everything up neatly.
That fake chimney also acts as a wire chase to get the things coming
from and going to other places easy. (through the attic)
It also gave me an interesting tunnel for the train.

I saw the chimney, but where's the train? What gauge is it?

Sorry, I forgot. I should ask what scale is it?

--
Maggie