Posted to alt.home.repair
RonNNN RonNNN is offline

Default OT Idiot lights-out drivers

In article , lid
says...

Brutal on the car (as it never really gets up to operating
temperature) but silly to drive just for the sake of driving!

My wifes old car (two times past) is my running around car, a 98 Monte
Carlo. It still has the original exhaust system. It has nearly 200K miles
on it, but in the last 3 or 4 years has only had maybe 5k put on it. I
rotate it every few weeks with my 96 Chevy PU truck just to keep the
batteries up. Her newest car, a 2015 Mazda 6 is still below 7k even with
a few long trips (600 or so one way miles). On the other hand my old
truck has had at least 3 mufflers and a couple of (duel) tail pipes
replaced due to rusting out. For the most part the truck got more drive
time than the Monte Carlo, but mostly short drives, just enough to cause
condensation in the pipes. The Monte's exhaust is all stainless steel.

--
RonNNN