Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default OT Idiot lights-out drivers

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 00:11:16 -0000, SeaNymph wrote:

On 2/15/2016 5:29 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 23:20:27 -0000, SeaNymph
wrote:

On 2/15/2016 4:57 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 22:53:15 -0000, SeaNymph
wrote:

On 2/15/2016 4:23 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 22:17:03 -0000, SeaNymph

wrote:

On 2/15/2016 4:02 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 21:55:56 -0000, SeaNymph

wrote:

On 2/15/2016 3:15 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 21:08:25 -0000, SeaNymph

wrote:

On 2/15/2016 2:57 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

"All the shopping" is more than commuting?!? I go to the
supermarket
once every 3 weeks, and that's 2 miles away.

My husband drives less than 20 miles round trip for work. And the
only
other place he drives his vehicle is to the shooting range because
all
the stuff we take won't easily fit in my car.

20 miles x 5 days a week = 100 miles a week. You shop more than
that?!!?

I typed that wrong. He drives 35 miles to and from work, a week. My
errands often involve many different places. I start at the farthest
one out and work my way back.

Any particular reason it's not the other way round? In fact if
something can be bought at more than one shop, you're better starting
with the closest, then if they're out of stock, you can go to another
one on the way back.

It's more an issue of needing to go to different types of stores.

Isn't that what they did in the olden days before supermarkets and
online shopping?

Shopping, for me, involves a variety of stores and places and I
easily
drive more in a week than his commute. Of course, we do live a
bit off
the beaten track.

Must be a female thing. I shop for food once every 3 weeks,
everything
else I buy is on Ebay.

I'm doing a lot more than buying food.

For example?

I go to a hardware store I buy reloading supplies (we shoot a lot and
reload all our own ammo), I buy groceries, I do craft stuff and I buy
things for that. We don't cook a lot, so we don't buy a lot of that
sort
of stuff, but when we do cook, we don't like meat that's been frozen.

Ok, maybe you can't get ammo in a supermarket or online, but everything
else you can.

Every week its usually a different set of things that need to be done.
Sometimes I need to go to the UPS store,

What is "UPS"? To me that's a device used to prevent power outages to
something important like a computer.

sometimes it's the post office,
sometimes the library. Sometimes it's clothes shopping or lunch with my
son. It's a variety.

Some weeks I go nowhere, but not too often. I don't mind. I try to do
everything in one trip, sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't.

[shakes head] Women!

I'll simplify this. I like getting out of the house. I do more than
shop, I volunteer at different places at different times. It's not
really a big deal.

Do up your house :-)

Do up my house? I'm not sure what that means.

Surely the phrase "do up" is recognised over there? It means to improve, make better. In this case, so you don't want to "get out of it".

I do work around the house. My husband cuts down the dead trees, I
split the logs. I enjoy working around the lot. In the winter I can ski
around my lot. It's a nice place.

SKI?! Just how big is this place?

We shoot, we hike, we kayak. In the winter we ski (not very well) and
go snow shoeing. This place offers a lot of things to do.

All in your own property?!

--
"All you need is love, money, broadband, good health, satellite TV, a fast car, ......." - The Beatles