Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default OT Idiot lights-out drivers

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 22:17:03 -0000, SeaNymph wrote:

On 2/15/2016 4:02 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 21:55:56 -0000, SeaNymph
wrote:

On 2/15/2016 3:15 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 21:08:25 -0000, SeaNymph
wrote:

On 2/15/2016 2:57 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

"All the shopping" is more than commuting?!? I go to the supermarket
once every 3 weeks, and that's 2 miles away.

My husband drives less than 20 miles round trip for work. And the only
other place he drives his vehicle is to the shooting range because all
the stuff we take won't easily fit in my car.

20 miles x 5 days a week = 100 miles a week. You shop more than that?!!?

I typed that wrong. He drives 35 miles to and from work, a week. My
errands often involve many different places. I start at the farthest
one out and work my way back.

Any particular reason it's not the other way round? In fact if something can be bought at more than one shop, you're better starting with the closest, then if they're out of stock, you can go to another one on the way back.

Shopping, for me, involves a variety of stores and places and I easily
drive more in a week than his commute. Of course, we do live a bit off
the beaten track.

Must be a female thing. I shop for food once every 3 weeks, everything
else I buy is on Ebay.

I'm doing a lot more than buying food.

For example?

--
"O'Ryan," asked the druggist, "did that mudpack I gave you improve your wife's appearance?"
"It did, surely," replied O'Ryan, "but it keeps fallin' off!"