Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Mono Laser All in Ones now less than thirty quid!

In article ,
TMack wrote:

These days printers are often sold at very low prices. However, the
manufacturers recoup any losses by selling over-priced ink/toner - and
by designing printers to ensure that they will only work with the
manufacturer's ink/toner.

For most makers who try this trick there is usually an aftermarket
supplier who finds a work round.

With my Dell 1320c colour printer I had to wait a while for the clone
makers to catch up but they did fairly quickly and now I can buy a full
set of CYMK toner cartirdges for less than the price of refill toner.

It is worth researching if third party aftermarket toner cartridges or
refill toner is available before buying an apparently very cheap engine
only to find out that it has extortionately priced bespoke fuel.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown