Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Ridgid, Grizzly, or other 6" Jointer?

On 2/13/2016 11:13 AM, HerHusband wrote:
I need to buy a jointer, and haven't had much luck finding a used one.

So, I've been looking at the budget 6" jointers by Ridgid and Grizzly, in
the sub $600 range. Grizzly's new G0813/814 jointers aren't in stock yet,
and the shipping costs would make it more expensive. I could have the
Ridgid shipped to my local store for free, making it a bit cheaper.

Price aside, which would be the better jointer? Are there other brands in
that price range I should consider?

I don't have the space or the money for a larger 8" jointer.

Thanks,

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com
www.mountainsoftware.com

Go big, go grizz 8" parallelogram.. or just 8" or more.
wider is better. I know I have a 6 and it's barely adequate, an 8" would
fit more needs. 12 perfect, but not reality.

--
Jeff