Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Idiot lights-out drivers

On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 00:04:09 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

On 02/12/2016 09:28 PM, wrote:
When driving your vehicle, headlights are required to be turned on
between one-half hour before sunset and one-half hour after sunrise,
and any other time of poor light conditions, such as fog, snow or
rain, which keeps you from clearly seeing people or vehicles less than
150 metres away.
150 meters, by the way, is well over 150 feet. ( like about 165)

What can I say? We're cowboys in Montana and figure most drivers aren't
blind. Why the hell would you turn your headlights on before the sun
sets? Why not at high noon?

Long before DRLs were required here in Canada many trucking companies
made it MANDATORY that their drivers drove with full headlights 24
hours of the day. Get caught with no headlights and you were
penalized. Three times and you were GONE.