Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Idiot lights-out drivers

On Fri, 12 Feb 2016 23:47:12 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

On 02/12/2016 09:15 PM, wrote:
The reason DRLs are not mandatory in the USA is most Americans take
extreme offense at their government telling them what to do.

While that's true in general I don't think it applies to DRL's. Seat
belts require you to buckle them and the car makes obnoxious noises if
you exceed 10 mph with them unbuckled. DRL's just happen, so to speak.

Tell me I have to wear a motorcycle helmet when I choose not to and I
will be ****ed. When I start the bike and the headlight comes on I don't
even think about it other than to check it is on and the high beam works.

I've had two cars with DRL's and the only thing I found annoying was the
tail lights not coming on with them. That didn't make sense to me.

You are one of the more rational. Back when DRLs were first proposed
you wouldn't believe how many people south of the border ranted and
raved about government intervention and forcing them to burn more
gas!!!!