Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem[_2_] Markem[_2_] is offline

Default Push, pull, click click

On Fri, 12 Feb 2016 20:38:23 -0800, OFWW wrote:

On Fri, 12 Feb 2016 19:04:09 -0600, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 2/12/16 1:37 PM, OFWW wrote:
On Fri, 12 Feb 2016 10:14:55 -0500, "dadiOH"
wrote:

I finished the vanity pull out I was making and installed it late yesterday.
It was a tight fit so my job for today was to take it out and skinny stuff
down a skosh.

Now, I am using full extension, ball bearing slides on it - HD best &
greatest - and they have a little lever that has to be pushed down to
release the drawer member from the frame member. The pull out is open to
the room on one side, close to a wall on the other; easy to release the
lever on the open side, just push the lever down. It is moderately more
difficult on the wall side as I can't see it but room enough to get my arm
down and feel it. Problem is, the damn thing wouldn't release...

Push lever down, try to pullout the pullout, tight as a drum, curse. The
foregoing was repeated numerous times. In between times, I was trying to
think of another way to get at it...cut through both sides of wall and
remove baseboard?...crowbar?

Finally, cursing silently, I pulled the lever up instead of pushing down.
It released.

Push down on one side, pull up on the other. Does that make sense? To the
manufacturer, I guess because he only had to make one configuration instead
of two, the second being a mirror image of the first. It doesn't please me

That was news to me, I had a pair sitting on the floor here, ones that
I opened the package of so I knew them to not be tampered with.

Checked what you said, and you are totally correct. Thanks for the
heads up and you saved me the grief.

Glad I could help!
I only know because the first time it happened to me I about torn the
entire summbich apart. :-)

LOL, I well know the feeling, and could sense it as you wrote it. I
was happy to find out the solution was easy, but why didn't they note
in on the packaging?

They probably did somewhere in the fine print