Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Tomlinson Mike Tomlinson is offline

Default Wylex plug-in breakers ("upgrade" for ancient fused CUs)

En el artículo , Dave Plowman (News)
escribió:

Surely if you have such an ancient unit, it would make more sense to
change it for a modern one with RCD protection?

Agreed, I was only commenting on how the plug-in MCBs to replace fuses
are still available new for such antique kit.

The price, though, as you said, is such that it would be cheaper to buy
a new CU fully populated with breakers for not much more than the Wylex
plug-in replacements alone.

One of my properties has the Wylex plug-in MCBs, which were there when I
bought it. Since the CU itself and the wiring are in good condition, I
left it alone. It was useful to be able to add a 40A plug-in MCB
though, plus an external RCD, for an electric shower.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!