Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default Push, pull, click click

OFWW wrote:
On Fri, 12 Feb 2016 18:04:25 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 2/12/2016 4:37 PM, John McCoy wrote:
"dadiOH" wrote in :

Push down on one side, pull up on the other. Does that make sense?
To the manufacturer, I guess because he only had to make one
configuration instead of two, the second being a mirror image of the
first. It doesn't please me

LOL. I have done the exact same thing, cussed and swore for
the better part of an hour trying to get a drawer out with
that style slides.

If it had been intelligently designed, you wouldn't be able
to push it the wrong way. The fact you can move the lever
down on the side that should be up is the problem, because
it misleads you to think you're going the right way.

John

You just have to be intelligent enough to understand why. IMHO it is
pretty darn intelligent as it speeds production to install and probably
to manufacture.

If you released both sides in the same direction there would be a left
and right. As it is you simply mount the slide and move on with no care
as to left side or right side.

Yes, there is a certain beauty to the simplicity of it all, but why
not note it on the wrapper for the noobies and HO's.

HomeOwners, LOL.

As I always tell my wife, instructions are for sissies! LOL. Without
instructions the seasoned woodworkers and cabinet makers appear to be
magical and mysterious! :-)

And seriously then every screw would need to be labeled with which way to
turn it for insertion or removal and I doubt that there would be enough
room for that and the cancer warning label. :-)

Just yanking your chain. LOL