Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT Idiot lights-out drivers

On Fri, 12 Feb 2016 19:44:37 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/12/2016 6:31 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

An even stupider thing about daytime running lights is they don't turn
the tail lights on, which means there are now loads of people driving
around at night with only the front lights on, not realising they are
unlit at the back. If you have no front lights on in the day, when it
gets dark you notice.

On;y a compete idiot woult not notice the instrument panel is dark too.

That's another strange thing about this 2000 Solara. When I let the
headlights turn on automatically, because I've started the engine, the
dash lights don't go on for another 10 seconds or so. I don't know
why it's not right away and I don't know what finally makes them go
on! It might be shifting into gear, but I have to check.

DRL do not really give you much to see by. The purpose it to be seen
under certain circumstances.