Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del John-Del is offline

Default Pad-lifting

On Saturday, February 13, 2016 at 4:47:29 AM UTC-5, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , Ian Field gangprobi
escribió:

As long as the pads on both sides have tracks, its fairly easy to repair
with a strand of wire

Yes, or make sure the pin is soldered both top and bottom.

- unless its a multilayer board with internal
connections to that via!

If that happens, it's sayonara, I think.

I had a Samsung multi layer board that was working but quit after I replaced a typical leaded electrolytic that was vented a bit. Top and bottom connections fine but the middle layer was not. Several reheats did not fix it.

Fortunately I had a working board and I used a DMM on the diode scale (for the audible) and attached one lead to the cap in question and I waltzed the other lead around the board on every point until I found a zero ohm connection that did not exist on the damaged board. Running an external jumper fixed it.