Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OT Idiot lights-out drivers

On 02/12/2016 09:20 PM, Don Y wrote:
Most of the roads *in* town have 45-55MPH speed limits. It's only
residential areas where it is reduced (to 25). Plus, we have these
silly "suicide lanes" (center lane shared by both directions of
traffic for left turns at places other than intersections) that add
to the entertainment ("Gee, I wonder where the NEXT vehicle will
come from?")

That was part of the safety enhancements. Turn a four lane street into
two lanes with a suicide lane a two very generous bike lanes. There are
quite a few places that require careful choreography to avoid a head on
as each driver tries to make a left.

At least we don't have the Tucson system where the direction of the lane
changes depending on the time of day.