Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default OT Idiot lights-out drivers

On 2/12/2016 7:40 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 02/12/2016 01:22 PM, wrote:
My 20 year old pickup had DRL

Yes, but you're in Canada. I don't know when DRL's became mandatory in Canada
but they are not in the US. Some manufacturers installed them, some did not. My
2007 Toyota had them; my 2011 does not. Go figure. Since they are not illegal
in the US I'm surprised they are not installed across the board.

Different attitude towards "government".

I can recall demoing some kit for some "ministry" official
(details long lost) in the mid 70's. They sent a car to
fetch me.
"Please fasten your seat belt"
"Oh, no thanks. I find them too confining..."
"It's the law."
"WTF?? You can't make me... (hmm... best not forget who I'm talking
to!) I mean, Wow, that's interesting!"