Tim Shoppa

Default Pinout needed for TO-5 devices

Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, Dark Remover" wrote in message m...
In article ,
mentioned...
The 1964 GE Transistor Manual has spec's for all three in case you need
to get equivalents, and "3" in their "Dwg.No." column corresponds to
TO-5. Unfortunately, they didn't list the package for the 2N326 but
it's rated for 7 watts so, clearly, it won't be in a TO-5 can. Much
less in a TO-92 package! I've scanned the page and I'll post it to
alt.binaries.schematics.electronic sometime today.

Well, the TO-39, which looks identical to the TO-5, will easily handle
7 watts, with a heatsink of course.

The datasheets from the 60's and 70's often have such nonsense in the
bold type at top. If you read down further you see that this spec only
applies if you keep the case at 25C... which given typical TO-5 heatsinks
means an ambient temp below -60C if the average dissipation is 7 watts
for even a fraction of a second. And that the measurements above
the half-watt level were made using pulse techniques.

Tim.