Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OT Idiot lights-out drivers

On 02/12/2016 10:44 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Since the average age of cars on the road these days is about 11.4 years (roughly where my Ody lands) is it safe to say that the "vast majority"
of cars on the road now have daytime running lights? I don't know...just
curious.

Not a lot in this state. My 2007 Toyota had DRLs, but the 2011 of the
same model doesn't. I imagine in 2007 they were covering their butt to
see how GM's petition to make them mandatory came out. When the NHTSA
denied the petition in 2009 they figured it was safe to drop them.