Markus Niemi

Default Compaq Armada 7770DMT

mike wrote:
Markus wrote:

Try replacing the CMOS battery?

-A

I checked cmos battery (7,2V 60mAh Ni-MH rechargeable). Voltage is ok,
but
something white stuff is coming out of it. I measured voltage coming
to the
battery when computer is on. It was about 18V, so it is not a miracle
that
battery is destroyed. So there is something on the MOBO.....

The 7.2V battery is the bridge battery. Not unusual to current charge
'em. 18V open circuit is probably not a problem. 18V when the battery
is connected and being charged means the battery is toast.
I haven't had mine open in a while, but isn't there also a lithium CMOS
battery?
mike

Yes, charging is ok, voltage is 8-9V when battery connected. I noticed
that when I connect the battery to the motherboard (without mobo
powered), voltage drops from 7,2V to 5,94V.
There isn`t other batteries. Only this 7,2V Ni-MH.

-MN