Markus

Default Compaq Armada 7770DMT

Hi,
I own Compaq Armada 7770DMT laptop computer. With AC power, it works
perfectly but with battery it starts and after counting memory, power down.
Power led starts flashing very fast. After that it does not power up at all
until I remove and reinstall battery or attach power cord.
Battery is full charged and functional. I have tested with other battery,
same thing. Charging also works and Windows shows that battery is 100%
charged.
Have anyone same problem?

MN, Finland

Andre

"Markus" wrote in message ...
Hi,
I own Compaq Armada 7770DMT laptop computer. With AC power, it works
perfectly but with battery it starts and after counting memory, power down.
Power led starts flashing very fast. After that it does not power up at all
until I remove and reinstall battery or attach power cord.
Battery is full charged and functional. I have tested with other battery,
same thing. Charging also works and Windows shows that battery is 100%
charged.
Have anyone same problem?

Try replacing the CMOS battery?

-A

MN, Finland

Markus

Try replacing the CMOS battery?

-A

I checked cmos battery (7,2V 60mAh Ni-MH rechargeable). Voltage is ok, but
something white stuff is coming out of it. I measured voltage coming to the
battery when computer is on. It was about 18V, so it is not a miracle that
battery is destroyed. So there is something on the MOBO.....

mike

Markus wrote:
Try replacing the CMOS battery?

-A

I checked cmos battery (7,2V 60mAh Ni-MH rechargeable). Voltage is ok, but
something white stuff is coming out of it. I measured voltage coming to the
battery when computer is on. It was about 18V, so it is not a miracle that
battery is destroyed. So there is something on the MOBO.....

The 7.2V battery is the bridge battery. Not unusual to current charge
'em. 18V open circuit is probably not a problem. 18V when the battery
is connected and being charged means the battery is toast.
I haven't had mine open in a while, but isn't there also a lithium CMOS
battery?
mike

laptops and parts Test Equipment
Honda CB-125S
TEK Sampling Sweep Plugin and RM564
Tek 2465 $800, ham radio, 30pS pulser

Markus Niemi

mike wrote:
Markus wrote:

Try replacing the CMOS battery?

-A

I checked cmos battery (7,2V 60mAh Ni-MH rechargeable). Voltage is ok,
but
something white stuff is coming out of it. I measured voltage coming
to the
battery when computer is on. It was about 18V, so it is not a miracle
that
battery is destroyed. So there is something on the MOBO.....

The 7.2V battery is the bridge battery. Not unusual to current charge
'em. 18V open circuit is probably not a problem. 18V when the battery
is connected and being charged means the battery is toast.
I haven't had mine open in a while, but isn't there also a lithium CMOS
battery?
mike

Yes, charging is ok, voltage is 8-9V when battery connected. I noticed
that when I connect the battery to the motherboard (without mobo
powered), voltage drops from 7,2V to 5,94V.
There isn`t other batteries. Only this 7,2V Ni-MH.

-MN