Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 3/16 x 1/2 aluminum bar

David Billington wrote:
On 11/02/16 18:39, Terry Coombs wrote:
David Billington wrote:
On 11/02/16 16:47, Terry Coombs wrote:
dpb wrote:
On 02/10/2016 5:54 PM, Hul Tytus wrote:
Terry - where do you live that's so far from metal supplies?

There are great expanses of the US that are long distances from
places...where Terry is is highly populated compared to farther
west...
This is true , I grew up in Box Elder County Utah , and there
are places out there that you can go for miles and miles without
seeing any sign of people . Not so much here , but we're still
pretty isolated . Small town , tourists are a major industry here
but that's seasonal , and we don't even have a Burger King ...
just got a Micky-D's a couple of years ago .
"just got a Micky-D's a couple of years ago ."

Is that seen as an improvement or the neighbourhood going downhill,
for me the latter.

I didn't say I eat there ... however , the Rainbow Cafe has one of
the best burgers I've ever eaten . A hundred yards west of the
Square on the south side of main . Their French Dip is pretty tasty
too ...

Don't get me wrong I love a good hamburger I just don't think McD's
has any on the menu, they're OK and I'll eat one when desperate but
the last time was over 15 years ago and the memory is of a meal that
15 minutes down the road you didn't remember but I suppose it's
commodity food. I have a couple of small chains near me in the UK
that do burgers I consider far better than McD's and some restaurants
do very good burgers at a price, unfortunately I also know places
that serve worse. Hopefully your Rainbow Cafe isn't effected as it
sounds like a place to cherish and enjoy the fare. When I want a good
burger I'll just make my own starting with the patty which I think is
the core of a good burger, not hard to do, and you can make it to
suit your tastes with quality ingredients. I remember seeing a
program IIRC BBC Open University about things like hamburgers in
France and them comparing a McD's burger against another, they had
the top rated restaurant in Paris make a burger with hand chopped
steak, the restaurants own kitchen garden lettuce and tomatoes etc
fresh that morning, fresh baked bun and the chefs own sauce and as
you would expect the journalist rated it as the best he ever had but
so it should be for the price. Finally a mate is a member of the
Donald clan and he has said they wish they could expunge McD's from
history for defaming the family name but it isn't going to happen.

The Rainbow is indeed a gem . The wife and I often lunch there , a 20 gets
you 2 Bigger Better Cheeseburgers with fries and a large sweet tea . It also
gives the waitress a nice tip .
That BBCB is a half pound of hand-pattied ground beef ... with the works .
Though lately she's been opting for the Reuben on Rye , the BBCB leaves her
too full to appreciate my cooking at dinner time .
--
Snag
And yes , I'm a damned good cook .