Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington[_2_] David Billington[_2_] is offline

Default 3/16 x 1/2 aluminum bar

On 11/02/16 18:39, Terry Coombs wrote:
David Billington wrote:
On 11/02/16 16:47, Terry Coombs wrote:
dpb wrote:
On 02/10/2016 5:54 PM, Hul Tytus wrote:
Terry - where do you live that's so far from metal supplies?

There are great expanses of the US that are long distances from
places...where Terry is is highly populated compared to farther
west...
This is true , I grew up in Box Elder County Utah , and there are
places out there that you can go for miles and miles without seeing
any sign of people . Not so much here , but we're still pretty
isolated . Small town , tourists are a major industry here but
that's seasonal , and we don't even have a Burger King ... just got
a Micky-D's a couple of years ago .

"just got a Micky-D's a couple of years ago ."

Is that seen as an improvement or the neighbourhood going downhill,
for me the latter.

I didn't say I eat there ... however , the Rainbow Cafe has one of the best
burgers I've ever eaten . A hundred yards west of the Square on the south
side of main . Their French Dip is pretty tasty too ...

Don't get me wrong I love a good hamburger I just don't think McD's has
any on the menu, they're OK and I'll eat one when desperate but the last
time was over 15 years ago and the memory is of a meal that 15 minutes
down the road you didn't remember but I suppose it's commodity food. I
have a couple of small chains near me in the UK that do burgers I
consider far better than McD's and some restaurants do very good burgers
at a price, unfortunately I also know places that serve worse. Hopefully
your Rainbow Cafe isn't effected as it sounds like a place to cherish
and enjoy the fare. When I want a good burger I'll just make my own
starting with the patty which I think is the core of a good burger, not
hard to do, and you can make it to suit your tastes with quality
ingredients. I remember seeing a program IIRC BBC Open University about
things like hamburgers in France and them comparing a McD's burger
against another, they had the top rated restaurant in Paris make a
burger with hand chopped steak, the restaurants own kitchen garden
lettuce and tomatoes etc fresh that morning, fresh baked bun and the
chefs own sauce and as you would expect the journalist rated it as the
best he ever had but so it should be for the price. Finally a mate is a
member of the Donald clan and he has said they wish they could expunge
McD's from history for defaming the family name but it isn't going to
happen.