Posted to uk.d-i-y
Blanco Blanco is offline

Default Gas meter ventilation requirement

"harry" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 10 February 2016 16:17:50 UTC, Blanco wrote:
"harry" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 9 February 2016 21:01:44 UTC, Phil L wrote:
harry wrote:
On Tuesday, 9 February 2016 17:47:21 UTC, AnthonyL wrote:
OUr gas meter is at high level in the pantry of our bungalow.
There
is an airbrick at about 4' height which introduces quite a lot of
cold air and dust/dirt and SWIMBO would like to block it off.

Google isn't clear. What and where are the regs applying to it and
more simply can I put a piece of card in front of the airbrick?

--
AnthonyL

All closed spaces where there are gas pipe have to be ventilated.

Completely false.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1...lation/19/made

Paragraph 6

This is to dissipate accumulations of gas if there should be a leak.

Where any installation pipework is not itself contained in a
ventilated
duct, no person shall install any installation pipework in any shaft,
duct
or void which is not adequately ventilated.

A pantry, like a kitchen, living room or cupboard under the stairs,
isn't
shaft, duct or void.

It's a void ****-fer-brains.

Nope, it's a pantry.

Why do you think the air brick is there in the first place?

Because it's a pantry.

Even you should have notice that there is no
air brick when the meter is under the stairs.

You have hit on the reason we get gas explosions in peoples houses.

Nope.

See my other post.

Completely useless, as always with your mindless silly ****.