Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Gas meter ventilation requirement

On Wednesday, 10 February 2016 20:49:54 UTC, Phil L wrote:
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Well, in my early days the gas meter was under the stairs, no air
brick. In my later days, the gas meter was also under the stairs, no
air brick. In my a bit later days the gas meter was in the porch
thigee, no air brick. Ditto for a few more years in other houses.
In my present and probably my last home the gas meter is in a dead
posh cupboard in the hall, no air brick.

Pretty much the same as 90% of the population then

That type of installation no longer complies. And no it isn't.

For the brain dead.
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1...lation/13/made

A "compound" BTW is the room the meter is in.