Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott[_6_] Tim Wescott[_6_] is offline

Default 3/16 x 1/2 aluminum bar

On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 16:24:54 -0600, Terry Coombs wrote:

Tim Wescott wrote:
I would really, really like to get my hands on some 3/16" x 1/2"
aluminum bar -- 2024 would be nice, but 6061 would be acceptable. 3/16
x 3/8 would be acceptable, too, but if I had to have one it would be
3/16 x 3/8.

I need it for motor mount pads for model airplanes.

I have some 1/2" square bar aluminum Mystery Alloy (I suspect 2024),
out of which I can make what I want, but it challenges the accuracy and
strength of my (crappy) 3-in-1 machine.

Is there some place that just sells the stuff in cut-off lengths?

If not, does anyone on the list have some 3/16" thick plate of some
suitable alloy of which you're willing to whack me out some pieces?

I'll be making some pads that are 2" long and some that are 2-1/2, and
maybe some in between, so having some foot-long (or so) bars makes more
sense to me than having a bunch of pieces that are cut to length.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-16-x-1-2-Aluminum-6061-Flat-

Bar-12ft-/170751999958

Ordered. Thank you.

--