Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Progress on the Nightstands

On 2/10/16 11:54 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 2/10/2016 11:29 AM, dadiOH wrote:

It is water base. I have used BIN but it has been so long ago that
I can't make a valid comparison. I can tell you that...

BIN, sprayed with HVLP on plywood and poplar:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...50052432712850

(scroll to right to see the painted surface)

I remember those picture when BIN was first suggested to me.
I used it (still do) to prime and paint the cut edges of high grade MDF
panels.
I was very impressed with how it soaked in, hardened, and sanded smooth
on the cut "end grain" edges. I think I could've stopped at two coats
but probably went to four on some edges, simply because it dried so
fast. It builds up nicely and obviously takes paint as well as anything.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--