Iain

Default Dell D1025HE Power Supply Prob. Schematic, Clues...?

"Iain" wrote in message
The 6.3Amp internal fuse blows immediately on power on. I cant see any
obviously damaged components, and I'm not seeing a short accross anything
obvious. Does anyone have a schematic of the monitor, or even the power
supply section, or any one got any ideas?

I've done a bit more digging, and the problem appears to be linked to PTC 2,
which seems to be linked to the degauss circuit. NTC 1 seems to drive PTC 1
& 2 which feed the degauss coils. Desoldering these components, fuse
stopped blowing. NTC 1 measures 5 ohms, PTC 1 measures 21 ohms, PTC 2 leg
came off when component was wiggled, think it was already weakened. and
hopefully the source of my blowing fuse.

Monitor is working at moment with PTC 2 removed, but would really like to
see the circuit and know exactly whatr I've done here... also need to find
a component to replace it I assume.. or do I??