Iain

Default Dell D1025HE Power Supply Prob. Schematic, Clues...?

I've got a Dell D1025HE 17 inch mnitor which was switched on whilst the
mains 230V power supply suffered a bunch of short interruptions/returns.
After several of these short power cuts a wisp of smoke came out the back of
the monitor and that was it.. Now Dead.

The 6.3Amp internal fuse blows immediately on power on. I cant see any
obviously damaged components, and I'm not seeing a short accross anything
obvious. Does anyone have a schematic of the monitor, or even the power
supply section, or any one got any ideas?

It's a nice unit with a Sony tube and I really dont want to give up on it
:-(

Thanks,
IainM

Iain

"Iain" wrote in message
The 6.3Amp internal fuse blows immediately on power on. I cant see any
obviously damaged components, and I'm not seeing a short accross anything
obvious. Does anyone have a schematic of the monitor, or even the power
supply section, or any one got any ideas?

I've done a bit more digging, and the problem appears to be linked to PTC 2,
which seems to be linked to the degauss circuit. NTC 1 seems to drive PTC 1
& 2 which feed the degauss coils. Desoldering these components, fuse
stopped blowing. NTC 1 measures 5 ohms, PTC 1 measures 21 ohms, PTC 2 leg
came off when component was wiggled, think it was already weakened. and
hopefully the source of my blowing fuse.

Monitor is working at moment with PTC 2 removed, but would really like to
see the circuit and know exactly whatr I've done here... also need to find
a component to replace it I assume.. or do I??

Astron VS-35M power supply broken Bruce W...1 Electronics Repair 12 November 22nd 03 09:56 PM
testing compaq power supply ? Kevin Falconer Electronics Repair 2 November 21st 03 01:23 PM
Generator Grounding PoP UK diy 10 November 13th 03 12:29 PM
Identify 2 zenerdiodes on a Sony Playstation 2 power supply Patrick Craenen Electronics Repair 0 October 3rd 03 02:25 PM
REQ: schematic for Apex AD1500 power supply Impmon Electronics Repair 1 August 31st 03 01:12 PM