Posted to uk.d-i-y
AnthonyL AnthonyL is offline

Default Gas meter ventilation requirement

On Tue, 9 Feb 2016 21:04:32 -0000, "Phil L"
wrote:

harry wrote:
On Tuesday, 9 February 2016 17:47:21 UTC, AnthonyL wrote:
OUr gas meter is at high level in the pantry of our bungalow. There
is an airbrick at about 4' height which introduces quite a lot of
cold air and dust/dirt and SWIMBO would like to block it off.

Google isn't clear. What and where are the regs applying to it and
more simply can I put a piece of card in front of the airbrick?

--
AnthonyL

All closed spaces where there are gas pipe have to be ventilated.

Completely false.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1...lation/19/made

Paragraph 6

This is to dissipate accumulations of gas if there should be a leak.

Where any installation pipework is not itself contained in a ventilated
duct, no person shall install any installation pipework in any shaft, duct
or void which is not adequately ventilated.

A pantry, like a kitchen, living room or cupboard under the stairs, isn't a
shaft, duct or void.

SWIMBO shall have her draught free dust free pantry - thanks (most of
you) for your help.

--
AnthonyL