Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gas meter ventilation requirement

On 09/02/16 19:10, Bob Minchin wrote:
AnthonyL wrote:
OUr gas meter is at high level in the pantry of our bungalow. There
is an airbrick at about 4' height which introduces quite a lot of cold
air and dust/dirt and SWIMBO would like to block it off.

Google isn't clear. What and where are the regs applying to it and
more simply can I put a piece of card in front of the airbrick?

Our gas meter is also in the pantry and there is no airbrick or
ventilation whatsoever. We have recently had the meter changed (routine
scheduled change) and the fitters did not say anything about needing
ventilation.

AFAIK is only gas burning appliances that ate not room sealed need
ventilation to the outside world.

Lots of gas meters are under the stairs with no ventilation. I cannot
say what the current regs are, but it has no more reason to leak than
the rest of the gas pipework (which shouldn't leak at all).