Watson A.Name - Watt Sun, Dark Remover

Default Pinout needed for TO-5 devices

In article et,
mentioned...
On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 9:51:33 -0800, John Fields wrote
(in message ):

which makes me think that if you're looking at something in a TO-92
package that has 2N326 written on it, then there's something drastically
wrong!

I misprinted: it's not "326", but rather "336".

These all have the National logo (NS) followed by either "333", "324", or
"336". I presume that they are all 2N devices.

First off, the 2N300s were germanium, with the exception of the Texas
Instruments 2N333 thru 338 series. Germanium transistors could not be
passivated like a silicon can, so they were almost always mounted in a
hermetically sealed metal container. If they were germanium and
mounted in a plastic container, they would not last long, after a
short time the plastic would contaminate the junctions.

So that means it's unlikely that these transistors were germanium.

The problem with that is that there are (according to
National's 1993 Discrete products databook) three pinout footprints for
the TO-92 package, the TO-92(92), the TO-92(94), and the TO-92(96).

That's the wonderful thing about specifications; there's so many to choose
from :-)

So, to sort out what's what you'll probably need to get into the thing's
guts and do a little reverse engineering.

Presumed so, albeit as a last resort...

P.S., I haven't forgotten about your schematic, I just haven't gotten a
round tuit... BTW, is that 24VAC relay what you have in mind for
shunting the resistors?

Yes. I had a new one just sitting around that I'd like to use.

Thanks,

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@ h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###
Subject: line with other stuff. alondra101 at hotmail.com
Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers. Go to the URL
that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
http://www.everybookstore.com You'll be glad you did!
Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't
changed it: http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html
@@t@h@e@@a@f@f@l@u@e@n@t@@m@e@e@t@@t@h@e@@E@f@f@l@ u@e@n@t@@