Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Extra-wide vice (vise) using linear motion components

On Mon, 8 Feb 2016 10:37:42 -0800 (PST), Christopher Tidy
wrote:

Lee Valley Tools has a twin screw vise which might work for you:
http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...=1,41637,45114
Chain drive for parallel operation/1-handle use.

Or go there and search for "vise" to see their large selection.
http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/Search.aspx?action=n

Yes, but I want to build the vice myself. Know the feeling?

Ayup. Gonna cast the flanges and mill the threads yourself, too?
If not, LVT has the basic metal parts. You build the vise itself.

--
I would be the most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people
who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves.