Posted to rec.woodworking
OFWW[_2_] OFWW[_2_] is offline

Default Progress on the Nightstands

On Mon, 8 Feb 2016 19:21:05 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Here is a short video with the extended tenon option for cabinet
doors.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlCC9SsdMNY#t=15

OK. That will be fine, I was thinking of a simpler set.

Thanks, Makes me feel a bunch better, for now.

Which requires a mortise in the stiles. Our plan was to make cathedral
style doors, and in the corner upper cabinet doors to use glass and
have a stile and rails on the face of the glass of the two doors. The
rest of the doors I would rather not have raised panels, but flush or
inset, where you can see a small grove on the back of the panel where
you can see part of the normal tenon. I hope I am clear enough on
that. I also like the hidden tenon option, but if it is not seen some
people might think the joint was just a box joint.

Would you mind post a picture of the back of your night stand to see?
Funny, but without seeing it, the project is not completed in my minds
eye.

There now, I have not attached the backs yet but they will fit in the
rabbet recess.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

Shame on me, I never noticed the rabbet faces, Now the picture is
complete in my mind. Very nice.