Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default OT - snow far

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

stuff snipped

How long does it take for them to come back if you "complain"? If everyone

complained,
how would they get anything done? You can't just fly by when you are

clearing EOD piles.
It takes a lot longer to finesse them out of the way without tearing up

lawns, taking out
poles, etc. at least where I live.

Followup: They didn't come back for a week. That's when I sent a second
email. Ironically I said to a neighbor just before I sent the email that
"It looks like they plowed me in deliberately." The reply I got was
extremely apologetic. He said he sent someone the first day I emailed but
didn't personally make sure it was done. He said that they would be sending
someone out out that day (they sent two workers, a grader and a pickup with
a plow). At this point, all that was left of the snow were the big plow
mounds but it was hard-packed glassy heavy schmutz. The hacked at it for 20
minutes with all the gear and it was gone.

Then, after I sent a thank you email I got the oddest reply that said "we
would NEVER deliberately plow someone in." I thought that was strange since
I never accused him of that and only mentioned it to my neighbor in jest.
Turns out the neighbor is friends with the guy who runs the plow truck fleet
and who reports directly to the supervisor I was emailing. I assume the
back channels were in motion. (-: FWIW, there's still one or two small
plow mounds left in the neighborhood even though we have had warm days and
rain.

Fortunately, after dislocating a shoulder and banging up my legs falling
down the front steps a while back, I make sure I can stay in the house until
the snow's all gone. Not an option for yew northern boys, but it works for
me. With Amazon and Peapod grocery service, there's not a lot of things
that I can't get from them. Besides, when it snows here people go just a
little bit crazy. My wife saif that in anticipation of a small storm
tonight, the bread and toilet paper aisles in the Giant were cleaned out by
noon. People are strange.

--
Bobby G.