Jerry G.

Default Akai CD Player

Try cleaning the laser to start with. Because you are saying that it works
to some degree when on its side, this can be an alignment problem, or a
mechanical part in the laser assembly is going defective.

You will not be able to properly do the alignment yourself at home without
the proper set-up, and training. Any defective parts must be first replaced.
If any mechanical parts are replaced, the unit will require a proper
alignment. If there are problems in the laser head assembly, this is
replaced as a complete unit. If this is an expensive player, I would
suggest you find out who the authorized service rep is in your area for your
unit, and send it there for proper service.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"twinkletoes" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I have an AKAI Cd player that won't recognise the disk lying in its usual
"flat" position, but turning the unit on it's side the disk will rotate and
is recognised. It will then play 4 or 5 tracks in the side on position
before slowly grinding to a halt!

Would I be right in thinking that the spindle motor is faulty or is there
something else to look at?

Thanks in anticipation.

Andrew