Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Barclay Martin Barclay is offline

Default OT - UK Power Networks extra support in power cut - elderly?

On Sat, 06 Feb 2016 16:31:58 +0000, Phil L wrote:

David wrote:
I have recently received an email from UK Power Networks inviting me to
register for additional help in the event of a power cut.

Qualifications a

"Who can apply

. Customers who are dependent on medical equipment

. Customers who are chronically ill

. Customers with a disability

. Customers who are visually impaired or blind

. Customers who are hearing impaired or deaf

. Elderly customers

. A nursing or residential home

. Customers with young babies in household

. Any other case that you would like us to consider"

So that's 90% of the polulation then, hardly likely to receive 'additional
help' if everyone qualifies.

Err...nope. "UK Power Networks own and maintain electricity cables and
lines across London, South East and East of England."

So as they only cover Anglia & the south-east of England, IMO "UK Power
Networks" is a /complete/ misnomer.