Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - UK Power Networks extra support in power cut - elderly?

I do wonder just what that help would be? I really can't see them
installing a temporary generator for all those classes.

Cynical me says it may be just a PR exercise.

Indeed! At best, they're going to restore power on a per-substation
rather than per-premises basis. I suppose it's possible that they could
prioritise substations with a high proportion of vulnerable people, but
if such people are evenly distributed, forget it!
--
Cheers,
Roger