Posted to rec.woodworking
OFWW[_2_] OFWW[_2_] is offline

Default Progress on the Nightstands

On Fri, 5 Feb 2016 08:33:25 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 2/5/2016 1:17 AM, OFWW wrote:
On Thu, 4 Feb 2016 08:10:33 -0600, Swingman wrote:

On 2/4/2016 2:50 AM, OFWW wrote:

Thanks for the link, I checked it out, and found that the dynamic
feature is only for the pro version.

Only partly true.

You can only "development" them in the Pro version.

You can certainly use Dynamic Components, and take advantage of their
abilities in Make.

Oh, I didn't realize that. Right now I am in the 30 day tryout period
of the pro. Wondering what kind of a hit I will take when that part of
the program stops. I've seen the actions of "follow me" when moldings
around a piece of furniture, HOT!

IIRC when the trial period ends the only thing you loose is the ability
to construct dynamic components, most of the solid object modification
tools, Style Builder, and Layout.

Of all of those the dynamic components is probably the biggest hit you
will notice. None of the others are really necessary for typical
woodworking.

I am a shortcut freak. I despise having to click on icons for every
frequently used operation. You can assign just about any command a
shortcut. If you open up the top menus the drop down windows show
commands that you can either click or you can use the short cut key that
is shown and assigned to the command.

If that sort of thing interests you there is a window for setting up the
short cut key strokes.

I do a little of each.

AND some of the commands do not appear in that window UNLESS........
you have actually selected a line or component in the drawing.

Yes, I have run across that too, even your ability to do certain
things is not there unless you are facing in the right direction,
sometimes I just use the correct plane.

For instance the right click "flip along" command is very helpful for
giving you a mirror image of something that you have copied and placed
in another spot in the drawing. The Flip Along commands no not appear
in the short cut window if you do not have something selected in the
drawing. Clear as mud? LOL

Actually I have been using the flip commands, if I design an end panel
I can copy it with the appropriate flips, or slide the copy of the
bare end panel and flip, then whatever I do to the one panel will
appear on the other side, inside where it should be. But not useful to
duplicate on all cabinets with a different purpose at the other end.

Just something else to think about as you progress with the program.

This weekend I will probably be spending my time in the shop as it is
warming up, supposedly, and practice on dovetails, and some other
joints and also check out my new Dado set.