Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default OT Blue vehicle headlights

On 2/5/2016 5:06 AM, wrote:

If the blue lights are illegal, there sure a lot of people who are NOT
being pulled over for having them.

I mentioned in another reply, about someone having green headlights. He
was driving around town last summer with them. They looked like the
headlighs on that old "Green Hornet" tv series. That same night, the
cops did pull him over. I'm not sure if it was because of the lights,
but I bet it was. That was the last time I saw those green lights too.
So either he was made to change them, or else he was not from town.

To be more specific-----
Some of the aftermarket headlights are a bluish cast. You can still
tell they are headlights though, just with a tint from the color
spectrum of the bulb.

True blue lights are for emergency vehicles such as firemen. Green
lights are for medical personnel. That may vary in other states. Cops
are quick to pull you over for things like that.

Another oddball thing are these kids who have lights under their cars
that make the road glow. (Usually purple). I never understood why anyone
would spend money on something like that. They are not annoying though,
but they sure make no sense.

They make the same sense as the goofy hats, T-shirts hair styles kids
wear. In our day we used to "nose and deck" a car by removing the
chrome and filling the holes, put Buick taillight lenses on a Chevy and
have baby moon hubcaps.