yeahright

Default Sears 27443238190 and GE 26GT620F01 TV Problems - Thanks Dave and John

Subject: Sears 27443238190 and GE 26GT620F01 TV Problems
From: "yeahright"
Date: 11/19/03 6:21 PM Eastern Standard Time

The GE is chassis CTC149A. After autoprogramming the unit comes up to
channel 3 and then when any channel button is pushed, whether on the unit
itself or on the remote, it goes directly to channel 91 and will not

change
thereafter.

That doesn't make sense. You mean if you enter "0"-"8" on the remote

control,
it goes to 91??? If you mean that pushing ch up or down on the remote or

TV
causes it to go to 91, that is what normally happens when the autoprogram
function finds no active channels (like when the AFT circuit is inop)
If the TV does indeed go to 91 when the actual number buttons are pushed,

then
it sounds like the uPc is bad, but it's unlikely.

Doh! You, sir, are correct. I can reliably change channels by selecting
them using the '0' - '9' buttons. I have noticed that when the cable is
connected to the television I have poor tuning on several channels. When I
use the tuner on my '92 era VCR I get every channel. My assumption here is
that this is not a major issue since the tuning circuits are apparently bad
anyway.

Once again....thanks for the answers. I appreciate the patience you guys
have exhibited. Based on the advice I have received from both of you I am
going to take them both in for estimates.

Roy