Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fischer Storage Heaters

On 03/02/16 14:28, Martin Brown wrote:
But if the object is to exploit night electricity rates you want
something with as high a specific heat capacity and good insulation
round it and a means to switch convective air flow on and off.

A building can be designed with a core that is a storage heater at the
middle - I recall some blocks of flats like that with benefit but the
stupid boxes of overpriced firebricks are strictly for suckers.

+1.

You need to design a house round heat storage, and of course that means
a lot of mass in the house one way or another. Today's construction
tends to be the more 'well padded cardboard' type house which warms up
quickly, but cools fast as well. Ideal for people who are out all day..

all women"