Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Hiding in plain sight

On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 11:44:35 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

snip

Another advantage of a dedicated GPS is the fact that
it *isn't* on my phone, leaving it (and it's battery) free
for more important phone based tasks. ;-)

That's better fixed by powering it in the car
and having an external battery pack as well.

The only real advantage with a separate GPS is
that if one dies you can still use the other one
and even that is better done with two phones
which most have without doing anything unless
you are travelling alone.

Unless you try to operate your touch screen phone GPS with gloves on
whilst it's clamped to the handlebars of your motorbike in the pouring
rain. ;-(

Nope, I'll (mostly) stick with a GPS for routing and a phone for
phoning thanks. ;-)

Cheers, T i m