Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Hiding in plain sight

On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 08:48:00 +1100, "Hilo Black"
wrote:
snip

Real time lane advisory with a satnav works a hell of a lot
better, essentially because you don’t have to plan in advance.

That's something I can often find the most worrying ... trying to
check the signs ahead to see if the lane I'm in gives me the option to
go where I want.

And handles traffic congestion infinitely better than any
navigator can ever do.

I'd agree for unpredictable congestion but argue that local knowledge
would probably win over any GPS congestion displays. I've been taken
on routes by the GPS I wouldn't typically take because I know all the
little side options etc.

However, overall, 'local knowledge is only generally available
'locally' g or any other location you might have driven regularly at
several times of the day.

Cheers, T i m