Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.com is offline

Default changed OT - advertising

snips

Having been to the Speedway in Speedway and through out all public
areas of the track there have been marketing partners through out the
100 years.

Hell, I even noticed some "Pennzoil" stickers plastered all over some
of the cars! Ugly! ;-)

Or you can ascribe that evil to Nascar the 800lbs gorilla.

How dare they make *money*!

Some fun images - scrolling down into this blog -
https://lizbinsydney.wordpress.com/
I was searching for the old pic with the baby
all plastered with adverts - found a similar pic there
An early post in this thread made me laugh - Indy/Penzoil -
- hah - motor sports must be the poster-boy for
advertising ! for many many years. Some other sports
were slow-to-the-game - I remember the complaints when
we followed the Europeans and plastered adverts on the
boards of the hockey rinks .. resistance is futile.
John T.